Wednesday 28 November 2012

Oh, Freedom!

It has happened. Finally. I had doubted if it ever would, but here I am to say it has. I have officially completed my undergraduate degree, and will be graduating in two weeks. For anybody who didn't know, I was studying a Bachelor of Arts in English and Linguistics. I also studied second year German this year, which was quite a challenge!

Anyway, I have finished that, and am moving on to the next stage of my life. Next year I will be studying a Postgraduate Certificate in Education, and I will then be qualified to teach English and Maths at a high school level. Once I have completed that, I will be done with my studies forever!

What's the plan after my studies? I will hopefully be moving up to Joburg to fulfill my bursary requirements there (I could do it in Cape Town, but I want to experience life differently, away from home). That will be four years of teaching at a government school, and at the end of it I will decide if I wish to remain in Joburg or move somewhere else. I may not even continue teaching. I would like to get more involved with editing, and I may do that once I have fulfilled my bursary requirements. I guess we'll just have to see!

1 comment:

Your comment will be sent for moderation and be published shortly. Thank you for reading!