Friday 9 July 2010


For those of you who don't know (very likely, since I haven't written since my first post in 2008 or something like that!) I'm studying a BA at UCT at the moment. I'm majoring in English and Linguistics and I'm also doing German and Media studies as minors this year. I absolutely love Linguistics, and I sort of wish that there was some sort of way that I could go into that as a career... that is not likely, though, since the only careers in it are research careers. Besides, I have a bursary which requires that I teach English as soon as I'm done with my studying. It's a remarkable bursary, I must admit, and I'm extremely lucky to have qualified for it. It pays for all of my extra costs, as well as giving me a nice allowance every second month.

Anyway, so I'm on holiday at the moment. It's a lovely extended holiday, since it's the soccer world cup at the moment. A couple weeks ago I was invited by my uncle and aunt to join them in going to Pretoria the next day. We drove up via Springbok and Uppington, and then I stayed with some friends while I was up there. I had a great time with them, and also seeing the Torrs and my gran. And then I had the opportunity to visit my other aunt and uncle, and Aunty Judy took me to the temple, where I had a great experience. It was aw
esome being there again, but I realised while I was there how important it was that I get married there. And I realised that as long as I was going out with my boyfriend, I wouldn't be able to go with him, since he's not a member. So, today I broke up with him. It was very difficult, but it needed to be done... and after a little retail therapy I was feeling a little better :)

I've also recently dyed my hair brown. It was a little bit of a shock at first, but I now have really started to love it! This is me with my new brown hair. It is straightened, so it's not normally as tame as this lol...

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now... I'll try to be a little more regular with my posts in the future :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely corageous woman...
    I rearranged my blog this morning and now will see more regularly when you post.
    I trust you have successfully completed your first year of many formal and informal tertiary educatiuon.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be sent for moderation and be published shortly. Thank you for reading!