Tuesday 22 February 2011

Catch Up

Well, tomorrow is my dad's birthday... so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!! :) I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

Today I had ballroom... it was my third class. We have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I love it! Seriously, it's so much fun :) I've always loved ballroom dancing, and this is with the university, which is much cheaper than anywhere else! (About R350 for the year). I have been meeting so many people, and having so much fun. It's great, because we're all just there to have fun.

Maths is going pretty well, although today's tut was pretty difficult. I think that my tut group ( we have to work in groups of 5 or 6 people) thought that I was a little rude though, because at first I was participating with the group, but then they were talking about who knows what, and I just wanted to get as much done as possible, so that I could have less to do at home... which meant that I was just working on my own, trying to get the exercise done. Sigh, I struggle with getting to know new people in that kind of setting, because they invariably want to chat while I just want to get everything done so that I can relax... Well, I guess it's just something that I have to work on!

English is pretty cool, although I was falling asleep in today's lecture - literally! I'm about half way through my first novel... well it's actually an autobiography, called "Down Second Avenue". I'm really enjoying it. I'll see how my seminars go though. I start my first one tomorrow! It's poetry, which is generally not my strength, but I'll see how it goes.

I already have two assignments for linguistics, although they are both due in mid-March. That's just as well, since I haven't even had a chance to look at them yet! It's still interesting though, and I enjoy it :)

Yesterday I started with singing lessons again, with JoMari Thorne. She's been my singing teacher since the end of grade 11. I love her! She's managed to bring my voice to life in a way that I never thought possible. She also leads the SACM Choir, of which I am a member. I really enjoy singing with them, which happens every Monday afternoon (an hour after my singing lesson) and then whenever we have concerts. Last year's recital was amazing! Ask my mom, we out-did ourselves! Seriously, we all had so much fun, and we managed to make a great name for ourselves (as well as earning a good little bit of money!).

Anyway, it's way past my bed-time! Goodnight all!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I so identify with you in your group! Strength and Wisdom to you Cindy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be sent for moderation and be published shortly. Thank you for reading!