Friday 1 November 2013

A Night of a Million Stars

It feels like I have been constantly busy while I've been here, but a lot of what I was doing was all leading up to one night: A Night of a Million Stars. It was a talent evening put on by Centurion Stake, for the East Region. Technically I'm not in the East Region, but a friend of mine has his records in one of those wards, although he attends on the West side, which means that he could participate... and drag his family and friends in with him! So there were five of us singing A Thousand Years, by Christina Perri: Dom, Jonathan, Cayla, Sarah and me. Dom also played the piano, and we had Luke on the guitar and Tyler on the cello. It produced an amazing sound, even if I do say so myself!

In practising for the performance, I got to know their family pretty well, and have become a bit of a permanent fixture at their house... They've become my new family while I've been up here! So I am being well taken care of. Their family is just as crazy as my own, so I feel like I've slotted in without too much difficulty...

On a different note, I decided not to accept the offer which was given to me by the school I mentioned previously. Unfortunately, none of the other schools have been able to give any offers, but I have another interview on Monday morning in Centurion, which is where I have decided I would really like to live next year.

I've still not attended my own ward, because I've been ward hopping a little, but I'm going to be there this Sunday... I figured I should probably make myself known to my poor bishop, who has been sitting with the records of some unknown person for the past three weeks.

Other than that, I can't really think of much else to say! I'm having a great time, and I feel like I really belong here... I guess that's what's most important :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be sent for moderation and be published shortly. Thank you for reading!