Friday 21 January 2011

German

German is, in my opinion, a beautiful language. And this, in conjunction with the fact that I have ancestors from Hamburg, has made me eager to learn it. I took a course at varsity last year, and I did pretty well. The problem is that I didn't have the opportunity to really converse in it, and so I feel now as if I have virtually no efficiency. I want to be able to speak fluently... but I need people to speak to if this is to become more than just a dream. So, I have joined a site called busuu.com. It seems really cool. It is a community of people learning different languages, and you get to do homeworks and tests, and it gets corrected by other people who are native to the language you are learning. You also find yourself having to correct other people's work. There is also the requirement to chat to native speakers. I have, unfortunately, not been able to do this yet, although I am quite eager for it. I really want to become efficient in speaking and writing German. And who knows? Maybe I'll target French or Italian next! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be sent for moderation and be published shortly. Thank you for reading!