Tuesday 25 January 2011

Jane Austen

This is just a quick note to say that Jane Austen is awesome! I love her writing so much, and I love to spend hours finding myself in a different era... she can do that, you know. She captivates the reader, and makes them imagine a romantic time, where gentlemen ride horses, and women carry parasols; where balls and picnics are the primary social engagements, and cards the entertainment; and of course, one cannot forget the charm of knowing exactly when a man is in love with you, because he will kiss your hand when he greets you. How often I have found myself wondering if a guy I like may or may not return the regard! How much simpler it would be if he could simply raise my hand to his lips, and inform me of his regard in that way! It would certainly do away with many hours of questioning, and things would be able to move along so much more quickly. But that is of no consequence, I suppose. We live in the time that we do, and we are forced to live by the accepted standards of today's world.

Anyway, I must now really get to bed. I start varsity again in a couple of weeks, and I need to start regulating my sleep a little more effectively! Good night, all.

xxx

1 comment:

Your comment will be sent for moderation and be published shortly. Thank you for reading!